Sunday, August 28, 2011

Sonya A - House Of Virgin Mary

This summer I went on vacation to Turkey. One of the places that I visited in Turkey was Ephesus. I had a distinct privilege to visit the house of Virgin Mary. It was a very spiritual experience for me as well as the group that I was with. Some of the things I was able to see was the wall of wishes, where people write down their wishes on cloth, napkins, paper, and anything that they can write on and post it on the wall for the wishes to come true. There were also four different fountains that you can drink from or wash your face. It symbolizes the fountain of health, wealth, knowledge or a combination of all.
Beside that, each visitor lights candles as a symbol of respect, reverence and invocation. I took two of the candles and lit them for good luck. The experience as a whole was amazing! I will never forget that I was able to see such a unique place.
For more information, please visit
What I am most excited about: Learning new things, meeting new people and enjoying high school to its fullest, and being involved.
What I am least excited about: Having no class!

No comments:

Post a Comment