Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Welcome to our Blog!!!

Welcome fellow biologists!  Congratulations!  You found our blog!!! My vision for blogging in the classroom is evoloving, and I look forward to having YOU play a role in determing what it will become.  This blog is YOURS.  Each of you will be responsible for contributing to the blog throughout the year.  Although you will have times in which you are required to contribute to the blog, you may post something to the blog at any time.  I will use the blog as a means to share things with the class to help extend the content beyond the 50 minutes we share in the classroom.  I will also use the blog to convey extra credit opportunities to the class.  Remember, you will receive a GRADE for your contributions to the blog, so make it good!!!

How do you get become an author on our blog you may ask???  You should have received an invitation to be part of our blog in you GBS email account.  Please login to your GBS email (ID#@glenbrook225.org).  Follow the instructions and prompts from the email I sent you.  If you did not receive an email from me, please let me know by emailing me from your GBS account. 

At the top of out blog, you will notice the following tabs:  Digital Ethics, Tagging 101, and What Makes a Good Post?  Please click on each of these labels and read through them. 

If you are successful at becoming an author... try to make your first post!!!  Include the following:
  • A title
  • Something Interesting!!! Could be about you.... could be a link to a webpage, could be a funny science cartoon... something that is interesting to YOU and WHY is it interesting.
  • What are you most excited for this school year?
  • What are you least excited for this school year?
Be sure to tag your post properly.  Look at the Tagging 101 tab above for help.  You can see my first post below as an example!

Good luck and thanks for exploring this tool with me!

No comments:

Post a Comment