Sunday, December 11, 2011

Muddies Point.

This is a question from UP page 44. Its about the blood types and one of the questions said that the person had type A blood. How do you know if the person has IaIa or Iai blood? Because they don't specify if the blood is hybrid or not....
And also on page 52 in UP I was confused on a question. Its about Huntington's disease and I know that it is a dominant allele. The question said that one of the parents was affected but I was confused on how you knew if the person had Hh or HH? The answer showed that it was Hh but how did you figure that out?

Please help me figure this out!! :)

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure what question you are referring to, but you can use the genotypes of the offspring to find out the genotype of the parent. Also, i believe that Mrs. Stein said that Hh was more likely than HH, but I'm sure either answer would be accepted.

    ReplyDelete