Thursday, September 8, 2011

Elephants!















Hey Guys! Something that I think is interesting is Elephants! I don't know why but I love Elephants! They look so cute and lovable! Elephant ancestors started about two feet tall and had no trunk and was called Moeritherim. Then the animals grew nose-upper lips during Earth's cooling period and the Mammoth was developed. The point of a trunk if so that animals with short necks can reach their food that if higher up. The Asian and African Elephant are the only two surviving species. The Asian Elephant has two "fingers" at the tip of its trunk which is for picking up small items. There is over 100,000 muscles in the trunk of this Elephant. The animal is also a herbivore, plant eating. Elephants have to eat a lot a day because almost half of their food passes through undigested. Herds are led mostly by a matriarch and followed by their daughters, offspring, and sisters. Males usually are solitary. Some fun facts about Elephants are that they can cry, they have incredible memories, even thought they have large ears they have poor hearing, walk around 4mph, they have bad eyesight, and they are the largest land mammal!
What I am most exited about this year: I am really exited for my first pep rally, and I am exited to do fun hands on labs during Bio!
What I am least exited about this year: Like everyone, I am least exited about finals and homework!

No comments:

Post a Comment