Monday, September 19, 2011

Muddiest Points!

My muddiest point would mainly be the difference between food chains and food webs. I know a food web is formed by many other food chains, but then what's the exact definition of a food chain? I would like to know a clearer difference. It would also be helpful if someone explained a little more about the pyramid of energy. Is pyramid of energy just that the producer gives 100% energy to first-level consumers, then 10%, then 1%, then 0.1%? I would also like to know more about the first, second, and third level consumers. Thanks! :)

1 comment:

  1. I can answer your question about the difference between a food chain and a food web... Food webs try to show all the feeding relationships in one community, so if an animal were eating everything it would be on a food web. But, a food chain is used to show how one organism eats another organism and that specific path between the two. I hope I helped :)

    ReplyDelete